Monday, October 13, 2014

Tan Game Strong

First full day in Rosarito!

The day started off with bang, or should I say a series of piercing beeps, because we set off the fire alarm in our kitchen not once, but twice. We didn’t actually set anything on fire, but considering the alarm went off because of toast, I think it might have been more respectable if we had.

We visited the hotel lobby to get some information on how we could spend the day (and access the WIFI) and this is where denim struck again and Chuck ripped his pants. Yes, Spongebob Dadpants ripped his jean shorts today. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), there is no photographic evidence of this event. 

This event led us to everyone’s favorite superstore, Walmart. Nothing too spectacular happened there, except that I wondered what the neighborhood kids would think if we handed out Mexican candy on Halloween.

More driving and shopping took place – Whitney bought a bag and almost bought a poncho – before we finally headed back to the beach.

Before actually getting to the beach, we sat in the beach chairs that our hotel has overlooking the beach and yes, you should be jealous. After baking for a bit, we returned to the sand and walked along the beach until we returned to Rosarito’s main drag for lunch (tacos for me!).

We walked down the street, planning tomorrow’s adventure… We didn't just discuss options, we literally planned the day by walking into the booking agent we’d found through our hotel. Wine tasting and Ensenada tomorrow, people!

Circling back to our hotel, we jumped in the pool. The pool was pretty nice for my twitching, spazzy muscles, what I did after that, however, was not… because next, we returned to the beach.

Yesterday I had been on bag duty, which meant watching our stuff while Whitney and my dad went swimming but not today.  The waves here are pretty big and occasionally violent; Whitney spent most of the day complaining that she was sore (and still sandy even after a shower) from yesterday, but I still needed to go in. Whitney waged a war against the ocean, screaming “stand your ground” and expletives every five seconds. At one point, she said that she was water-bending, but after the next big wave broke, she said she just had water in her face. I just tried not to lose my swimsuit or drown. Whitney also coined the term, SBSS or Saggy Bathing Suit Syndrome, not that I had it or anything, but like I said, my prime objective in the water was to keep my clothes on...

After all that, I had some well-deserved Mexican M&Ms. They’re the same as American M&Ms except the bag is in Spanish AND there was a surprise inside. Boom! Guess who got strange sticker-like things?! Hint, it’s me.

P.S. As the title of this post suggests, my tan game is strong, really strong.


Post-ocean selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment