Thursday, October 16, 2014

Last Day in Rosarito

This morning, we went for a horse ride on the beach. I guess this is viewed as romantic by some people, obviously not for the three of us given our circumstances but definitely not for me, EVER. Note to future suitors: this is a horrible idea and will not, in any way, endear you to me. Horses on the beach might not seem humane to some and it definitely wasn’t… for me! How the horses felt about all of this is debatable but I might actually hate horse riding as much as I hate airplanes.


Whitney, however, is all about the horses. She decided that hers was named Theodore. I decided that mine was named a string of unbloggable swear words… Chuck knows all about horses after spending summers on his uncle’s farm growing up, so he was ok too. The only person who thought that a gentle trot along the beach would kill them was me. 
Happy

Happier

Happi... No.
Once I had returned to the ground, I was a happy clam – and I found more clam shells! (These clams weren't happy, because they were dead…). We also found more sand pesos – I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with all of these sand dollar/pesos yet, but I have a lot of them.

Then it was pool time! Pool time was further improved today by combining it with wine time. After pool time, it was lunch time… and then more pool time. (Tan game is going so strong at this point).

We returned to the beach for one last swim – or in my case, one more time where I tried not to drown. The good news is that I obviously did not drown or else I wouldn't be blogging right now. The other good news is that it was a fantastic time!

After that, we de-sanded and then returned for one final west coast sunset over the ocean. Final authentic Mexican food was required for dinner and now it's time to pack up and say goodbye -- we're leaving here at 8:30 tomorrow to take Chuck back to the airport, Whit and I will have the whole day in San Diego and then it's back to the east coast on Saturday.
Sunset selfie! Peace and love from Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment