Saturday, October 18, 2014

Home Again

In Mexico, my dad brought up the fact that I've never done any conclusion posts after any of my trips, so this is it (ok, there is going to be one more on my tips for traveling in Mexico but this post will sum up my last day in California and flight home).

I last wrote about our misadventure in crossing the border and seeing our dad off to the airport, after that, we took a shuttle to our hotel, The Declan Suites. Our room was on the 20th floor, which I think is pretty shnazzy. Whitney utilized Siri to find us a place for lunch and we ended up at Hodady's, scarfing down monster burgers and burning hot onion rings.

I wish I could say that we did something super awesome during our afternoon in San Diego, but we really just watched TV in our room -- which was still pretty awesome. It was a nice lazy day, that ended with a walk to the Ghiradelli chocolate store and a Bride Day marathon.

My direct flight home left hours before Whitney's, so I was off before the sun was up. I got to the airport far too early for my liking and was forced to listen to a middle-aged couples loud and bigoted ranting. Nothing compacts a fear of flying and a fear of ebola quite like sitting in an airport listening to people talk about various related conspiracy theories.

Things did get better though -- I was seated next to that couple on the plane! They weren't as bad on the plane, the husband spent most of the five hour flight -- I kid you not -- reading the Bible.

I was flying Alaskan Airlines and instead of having legitimate movie screens, they allow you to rent what are essentially tablets. I went ahead and got one of these and ended up sleeping through most of X-Men Days of Future Past.

After sleeping through most of Epic as well, it was time for us to land and me to go home, which is where I am now!!

Whitney is having another difficult travel day apparently and might have started another Twitter war with United... We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment