Monday, February 29, 2016

West Salem, Wisconsin

I haven't blogged in an entire week, which might be the first time that has happened in the history of my tour life! You guys missed out on all of the goodness that is West Salem, WI, so I shall now give you the SparkNotes version as I completed my 39th residency yesterday and have moved on to Rock Rapids, IA.
Noodle 2

We had a Noodle 2 problem this week. A few weeks ago, we had The Saga of Noodle, our very depressed, broken windshield wiper and last Sunday, we realized that the other windshield wiper was breaking as well. Replacing this guy went a lot more smoothly than things did with the first Noodle, but now we have two dead windshield wipers sitting on the dashboard of our truck because we plan on having an epic windshield wiper sword fight at some point!

God bless, Wisconsin, because one of the things I got to eat this week was chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick. Yup, someone made cheesecake and decided, hey, I think I can make this better SO THEY DID. We also went to a local barbecue place that is campaigning to be on Drive Ins, Diners and Dives. Did I get barbecue? Obviously not, but I am a good tour partner and went with Jas and had the side-dish life! Their fries, corn muffin and milkshake all got my stamp of approval! 

I love food.
Also close by was La Crosse, WI. La Crosse like lacrosse, aka the sport that my family is obsessed with. I had to visit and they had a geotag! Unfortunately, the geotag wasn't actually lacrosse-related but there is only so much you can do!

Yesterday was show day and things went well. We played another game of "Guess That Name!" which is quickly becoming our favorite game. It took the kids 57 guesses to get it this week. One of the guesses was Jaffe, cuz why wouldn't it be? That name is pretty great if I do say so myself.

Other events of this week included introducing Jas to Pitch Perfect and Frozen, finding out the identity of Zoom on The Flash just to discover that we have to wait an entire month for new episodes, the purchasing of a Superman shirt to wear to Batman vs. Superman and getting a really sweet, superhero-themed gift from our homestay's daughter (who we spent the week trading fan theories on all of our favorite shows with). We drove to Rock Rapids, IA today, (which is where I am now) and watched the Oscars tonight and my 40th residency begins in the morning!
Super cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment