Thursday, February 4, 2016

Even Dolphins Live for the Applause

I promised a post about Wednesday, February 4, and I am a woman of my word!!! (I am also a woman who overuses exclamation points, but what can I say, I'm excitable).

F*** you, Noodle.
Indianapolis is a very spread out city. There is the downtown portion which is actually city-like and the part of the city we're in, which is the eastern portion that seems a lot more like suburbia. Yesterday we visited the downtown portion (which I guess I could just call downtown) and went to the Indianapolis Zoo. Before I can talk about the zoo, I must recount The Saga of Noodle. We have a broken windshield wiper that I have named Noodle because it is flopping around like a noodle (brilliant, I know). For the past few days, we have been waiting for our bosses to get back to us about fixing Noodle and in the mean time, Noodle has been getting more and more annoying. This has led to the new catchphrase "F*** you, Noodle!" which I've been saying a lot. Poor Noodle... BUT last night, we got a new windshield wiper blade so we can say goodbye to Noodle!

Last week, I wrote about going to the Lincoln Park Zoo and seeing lots of birds there but I didn't see any penguins! Well, the Indianapolis Zoo had penguins BUT we saved them for last so first I need to tell you about all the other animals we saw.

The very first animals we visited were the red pandas. I love red pandas. I have two main goals in life; the first goal is to eat mac and cheese on every continent and the second is to feed mac and cheese to a red panda (it could happen!). I mean, teaching children life skills through participation in the arts is an incredible experience but mac and cheese is what I was born to do. Anyways, I saw the red pandas and lost my mind. I was so excited that I was near tears. THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE! They were sitting in trees! Who doesn't love trees?! Jas and I also realized that a group of red pandas doesn't have a name -- because red pandas are solitary creatures in the wild -- and we decided that they needed one anyways, so I present to you "a cuteload of red pandas." Ohmygosh, it was so amazing. Pretty much everything after that was anticlimactic... But, I moved on with gusto (and by that, I mean I spent the rest of our time at the zoo talking about how we'd seen red pandas and how we should write an MCT show where the 5-7 year olds are red pandas).

We then moved on and saw... BIRDS! Not penguin birds but the other type of birds that I took a lot of pictures of last week. They made lots of noise in our general direction. We also got to see orangutans and Jas braved the reptile house despite his massive fear of all things scaly and slithery. (We didn't do the snake room though -- they actually had a separate exit for people like my tour partner who wanted to avoid the snakes). A lot of animals weren't on display because they're supposed to be warm and it is cold, but we did get to see a dolphin show! We learned all about dolphins, but the part I really liked was when they had the dolphins flip and jump and such and played Lady Gaga's Applause. Even dolphins live for the applause!! Mandy would have been so proud.

AND THEN IT WAS THE PENGUINS! Oh penguins. We made a vine for the penguins.

After the zoo, we drove through downtown and went to an AnyTime Fitness. It was in the Majestic Building, but like, only eagles can be majestic, so this building was obviously mistaken.

After our experiment in physical fitness, we went to Jockamo's Pizza, which according to Thrillist is the best pizza in Indiana plus it was approved by the kids and our contact. We split a pizza -- Jas ordered the lasagna pizza and I got the Jockamo Special. It was some good pizza!

After that, it was on to rehearsal. Rehearsal was kind of insane, this was exemplified by the fact that at one point, in giving direction for the kids to be excited, I yelled "This is not your average Thursday." It wasn't Thursday... But now it is! We have five workshops today before we ever get to rehearsal, so peace and love for now internet because I've got to go get ready.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment