Monday, February 8, 2016

Welcome to the Nut House

This week's residency is in St. Joseph, MO and on this week's edition of "Where Are They Staying?!", we're in the Nut House. That's what the locals call it at the very least! We're staying in a historic home that was built in the 1870s and owned by Pleasant E. Chesnut, hence the name. My mom requested a picture of the house so you can see that on your left.

LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS.
We haven't done a lot of exploring in St. Joseph yet, but we did go to the grocery store last night to stock up for the week. This isn't particularly exciting except for the fact that we were buying supplies to make mac and cheese but while we were there, something even more incredible happened! I found rainbow bread. RAINBOW BREAD. I recently read an article about a place in New York that is making rainbow bagels and I was dying on the inside because I have no way of getting them but apparently I don't need to go to New York to enjoy technicolor carbs! This morning, I made myself some very special, rainbow toast.

In terms of another literal "nut house," there is a psychiatric museum in St. Joe that we're hoping to check out. St. Joseph is also where Jesse James died so we'll probably make a stop at his old house too. There is also a doll museum, apparently, but we might decide to skip that one for obvious creepy doll reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment