Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse

Final genie-ing of the fall!
What is a vegetarian doing at a steakhouse, you might ask. Well, having the best friggin' meal of the year, that's what.

Rewind to the beginning of the day when I was preparing for my final performance of the fall tour and surfing the internet. I went onto Thrillist because that's what I do and I saw they had posted a new list of the best steakhouses in every state. Even though I no longer eat meat, I still click on their meat-themed lists because I know a lot of carnivores (plus, there may be a day when I rejoin their ranks, I haven't decided yet). When I first read these lists, I usually start by checking Massachusetts because hey, maybe I've been there! And then I'll go on to check other states that I feel some sort of attachment to -- i.e. North Carolina, where Whitney is -- and I definitely feel attached to Montana at this point, so my jaw literally hit the floor when I saw that the "best steakhouse in Montana" was in the town I was sitting in (the town in which everyone knows my name... see my previous post). I mean, seriously, when has that ever happened to anyone anywhere?! I immediately googled Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse ("the best steakhouse in Montana") to see if they had anything besides steak on the menu and then I immediately called them to find out what their hours were. I then hung up and immediately called back because I realized that they're a steakhouse and a reservation would probably be a smart idea (plus, it would make me feel fancy and who doesn't like that?!).

Show day is usually a 3,000-5,000 calorie day. I'm not even kidding. I'm pretty sure I once fit a week's worth of food into a singular show day but this might be a new record. I was going to post pictures of everything I ate (dinner came with a salad and a dessert) but nothing compared to the main course, so feast your eyes on the glory of my jumbo prawn lobster-style dinner!

Fatty fatty ALL the friends
In case you're wondering, that plate is loaded up with seven jumbo prawn, drawn butter, a baked potato, sour cream and two thick slices of garlic bread. I had debated getting the fried shrimp but then I thought "drawn butter" and nothing beats that. They even had a little candle underneath the drawn butter so it stayed warm and bubbly through my entire dining experience!

I like to believe that I am someone who generally makes good decisions but I know now that all of my other decisions have been nothing compared to the series of events that led my to Sir Scott's. Buy your plane tickets now, family! I know you've all been talking about coming out to Montana at some point and when you do, this is where we are going. Montana 2016!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment