Friday, December 4, 2015

Everyone in Manhattan Knows My Name

That's it. I've done it! I'm a big star!!!

I can honestly say that everyone in Manhattan knows my name. Of course, I must clarify that it's everyone in Manhattan, Montana, so it doesn't sound quite as impressive when the particulars get involved, but it is technically a fact.

Today, we once again ventured outside of Manhattan to go to the Bozeman Hot Springs. In the spring, I went to the hot springs in Banff, Alberta and I knew it would be just about impossible to top those (sitting in 100+ degree water while surrounded by picturesque mountains and snow flurries?! Yeah...) but the hot springs here were nice too. One thing people don't tell you about natural hot springs is that they're kind of Satan's swimming pool because there is sulfur in the water, but that stuff is good for you and my skin feels great now. This hot springs were indoors, which was interesting... They had hot pools and cold ones for when you needed a break from the heat -- the craziest thing I saw all day was a woman filling her water bottle from the fountain that fed into the cold pool. Seriously? True story.

Now, while I enjoyed the hot springs and getting to swim around, what I really enjoyed more than anything was the sauna. I guess I needed to sweat out a lot of stuff -- although I also sweat out most of my fluids and now feel dehydrated and am drinking a water/Powerade blend to get some electrolytes back.

Tomorrow is show day and then it is goodbye Amsterdam and hello Trout Creek for one last week of the fall tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment