Friday, May 22, 2015

The Last Few Days

Party time!
I've been back in Missoula since Sunday to wrap up the Winter/Spring tour and start prepping for the Summer tour, which means that a lot has been happening and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging.

Check-in was pretty crazy, but after we were done, we did what all good theatre people do -- we partied. Being back with so many other TADs has been incredible because we are the most connected unconnected group of people you could possibly find; we never get to spend more than a few days together and yet we have a shared experience that is so unique that we can't help but be close. I've loved getting to hear everyone's stories -- good and bad -- and getting to spend time with adults again.

After check-in was done on Tuesday, many of us had a totally free day on Wednesday! I can't remember the last time that I had a day entirely to myself! I also turned in Sweeney on Wednesday (who I had driven/ridden in for 9920.1 miles over the course of the tour) and got my new, yet-to-be named truck, MCT78 for Aladdin. MCT78 is swanky. It is a baby compared to Sweeney, very red, very shiny and very new (2013). I'm digging it. After freaking out over my new toy that isn't a toy, my friends and I decided to climb to the M. The University of Montana is in Missoula and for whatever reason, they decided to carry a giant letter "M" up Mount Sentinel that has since become a bit of a tourist destination. It is 3/4 mile to the M and way steeper than it looks but from the mountain, you get to see all of Missoula and more and that is pretty wonderful.

After climbing the M, I drove Mandy and our other friend, Sam, to the airport to say goodbye. I feel bad for whoever was sitting next to them on their flights because they sort of smelled after our hike, but it was hard to say goodbye. I don't know what to do without a tour partner to consult with anymore!

Yesterday we had training all day, which was rough for several reasons: A) we're all sort of fried and B) the weather here is beautiful and no one wants to be indoors. Rehearsal outside quickly became my goal for the day and I got a bit of it in the afternoon.

After a long day of learning Aladdin and acting like a penguin, I drove another friend to the airport and went to see some fellow TADs perform drunk Shakespeare, which was a time and a half. This morning, I woke up at the ass-crack of dawn to drive another two TADs to the airport (you're welcome, everyone).

Tonight, it's my turn to go to the airport. I'll be leaving from the theatre at 5 for my 8:25 flight to Seattle. I'm lucky though because my friend, Blaire (a fellow mermaid turned genie) is on the same flight! Her trip ends in Seattle though, while I get to take the red eye to Boston. I have not seen MA since 2014! Crazy, right?

Oh well, thanks for a wonderful five months, MCT (and Mandy, I guess...). I'll be seeing you soon, Missoula (and not as soon as I'd like, Mandy).



1 comment: