Monday, May 11, 2015

British Columbia: The Best Place on Earth and Fort St. John: The Energetic City

Today was my last drive with Mandy to a residency (for THIS tour, cuz ya never know)!!! I can't believe I'm actually saying that. We had a short drive from Grande Cache to Fort St. John, British Columbia (yes, I think 4.5 hours is a short drive now and it is very short compared to the 13.5 hour hike we had last weekend).

This was our first and only residency in BC (our first time in BC really because I don't count the breeze through we did a few months back when we were there for a hot second to get to the border crossing) which means that we had yet to see one of these wonderful signs. Apparently British Columbia is the Best Place on Earth and I had absolutely no idea! I feel like such a fool!!! I still love that every single Canadian town (and province) has their own slogan. It's pretty great!

Fort St. John has a slogan too! It is "The Energetic City."

So far, our time here has been pretty tame. I don't think we're ever very energetic on drive day no matter where we are, but the sun was shining here so we caught some rays and I made banana chocolate chip muffins (Mandy's favorite) that turned out pretty incredibly if I do say so myself (and Mandy said so too). We also went to Dairy Queen and got poutine because it's been a while since we've had any.

So, one more week on the road, a two day drive back to Missoula, a few more days of check-in and training and then home for a well-deserved (albeit far too short) respite. It has all been a such crazy ride -- literally, almost 10,000 miles! -- and I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment