Sunday, May 17, 2015

And so the sand shifts through the hour glass...

Last show day milkshakes!
And so the sand shifts through the hour glass... 5 months is up! The tour is over and I cannot believe.

We had our last two shows yesterday. They went well although the very last show of the tour got off to a rough start when an icky parent decided to be unpleasant in my general direction but it ended incredibly with gifts from the school and lots of hugs from the kids (don't worry, MCT, they hugged me, I didn't hug back because we never touch the children!).

We left at 4am this morning for Calgary because the trip back to Missoula is too long to make in one day. It was a longgg drive to Calgary too. A long, rainy, gray 13 hour drive that included overeating and a rock hitting and cracking our windshield.

MAC AND CHEESE!
When we got to Calgary, we couldn't just relax. We've got check in absolutely everything in the truck when we get back to Missoula and that means we had to do show laundry, so we quickly checked in at our hostel (we're staying at the same place we stayed back during our first week off in February) and went off to the laundromat for the last time. While we were doing laundry, the rain TURNED TO SNOW! Yes, it is currently snowing in Calgary. In the middle of May. After I sent my winter boots home. Of course...

After laundry, it was time for dinner. We couldn't leave Canada without one more order of poutine so we returned to The Big Cheese Poutinerie (a personal favorite find from the tour) and got some mac and cheese poutine.

Now, the creation of my Buzzfeed master list did not take place until after our first visit to Calgary so I didn't know that right next to The Big Cheese was a coffeeshop from the list! I only knew this because I recently checked the list just in case we had any extra time. Before we ever got to Calgary, we'd planned on visiting on our way out of town on Sunday morning, but because they were directly besides each other, we stopped in tonight. Ohmygoodness, am I excited for the morning now! This place has cookies the size of my face! They better have cookies at 7 am now or else they might have a problem...

Finally, we ignored the snow and cold (as has been our tradition) for some milkshakes. Back in February, we tried a whole bunch of milkshake places we'd found on a list but one of the places we really wanted to go to was Clive Burger --The Big Cheese's neighbor on the opposite side -- and their machine was broken the entire time we were in Calgary. We stopped in and Mandy asked if their machine was working because it isn't like two months have passed or anything. Well, Calgary, we have selected our champion and it is Clive Burger! Their milkshake is basically a custard shake and was glorious. Hands down the greatest in Calgary. There was a reason we came back to Calgary and these shakes were it.


Just so everyone knows, by this time next week, I will be snuggling with my puppy and kitties (probably not at the same time because they don't all get along) and curled up in my own bed. I will have also probably gone on a massive Target shopping spree and be full of my mom's macaroni and cheese (sorry mac and cheese poutine, but not even you can compare with that!). 

Between now and then, I've got about 400 more miles in the little red truck, two days of check-in, two more days of training and two plane rides. ...The shifting sands go drifting by, the sands of time that make time fly. [Blue scouts! Set change! Go!]

No comments:

Post a Comment