Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Grande Cache Rams

I have been in Grande Cache for a few days now and have had very little time to blog. We've been doing a ton of extra workshops and most of my time that isn't dedicated to my job has been dedicated to eating and sleeping. Also, it's been snowing. I send my snow boots home and what does it decide to do? Snow! But the native Canadians are surprised by this too so I don't feel too bad.

We did have some time to walk around town and go see one of Grande Cache's highlights, Rocky the Ram on Monday. I won't say that Rocky is the most impressive roadside attraction we've seen so far (that might go to Beaverlodge's beaver...) but it's fun collecting all of these strange stories of animal statues on the side of the road.

Grande Cache's high school's mascot is also a ram, but it isn't quite as friendly as Rocky. They have a very intimidating ram mascot that is too good not to share. It's like a pirate-ram with an eye patch or something!

One other crazy thing about Grande Cache is the sun. It isn't that the sun looks any different here but it's the fact that I'm writing this post at 10:20pm my time and it's just starting to get dark! After rehearsal tonight, we went out to the playground and it felt like it was the middle of the afternoon! We even have photographic evidence:

No comments:

Post a Comment