Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Blenheim Vineyards

Apparently Charlottesville, VA is Virginia wine country. I didn't know they made wine in Virginia. In my mind, wine comes from California and France (despite the fact that I've gone to wine tastings in South Africa and Mexico plus the Canadian fruit wine incident) but it also comes from Virginia apparently.

While there are lots of wineries and vineyards to choose from, we selected Blenheim Vineyards as our destination this afternoon, mainly because it is owned by Dave Matthews and that's pretty nifty.

We got to try five different types of wine at the vineyard; a viognier, a chardonnay, a rose, a merlot and a grenache. I like to pretend that I know what I'm doing at wine tastings but the truth is that I do not, I just like wine (and I'm generally rather indiscriminate about whether it is good or bad). The wine here was good but I think the view might have been even better. Overall, I felt very fancy.

Virginia is pretty.
 I also want to show off another marquee and the end of this post seems to be just as good a place as any!

No comments:

Post a Comment