Friday, September 12, 2014

One Month From Today

So, if you read my previous post about our travel plans, you will know that I leave exactly one month from today. This is very exciting for obvious reasons and I just went to the public library and took out a book on Mexico because I am the designated travel guide.

I think it is a little funny that responsibility of research/planning has now fallen to me since until yesterday, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. Now that my presence has been verified, however, my father and sister seem willing to take advantage of it.

Since we are not going to a major city, this is going to be a bit like planning the visit to Capri over the summer -- I'll have to do more digging to find out what we want to do. I'd like to state for the record, however, that no matter how much I read, I will not be able to identify and give background information on each and every building we pass despite what my sister thinks.

Side bar: Feeling a little un-American because I was out of the country on the 4th of July and now I'll be missing Columbus Day as well. Although I personally believe that Columbus Day should actually  be called Mass-Murdering, Miscalculating, Dumbass Explorer Day, who doesn't like a three day weekend? America was built on three day weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment